Starting in the 1980s, and while continuing to do project lending, the Bank began shifting its loans toward structural adjustment and sectoral adjustment loans.
What does SECAL stand for?
SECAL stands for Sectoral Adjustment Loan (development)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SECAL
We have 2 other meanings of SECAL in our Acronym Attic
- Small Exchange Carrier Access Billing System
- Southeastern College Art Conference (Carrboro, NC)
- Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee
- Simultaneous Engineering by Concurrent Access of Data
- Systems Engineering Computer Aided Design (software)
- Secours Catholique du Développement
- Secretary of the Air Force
- Security Administration Facility
- Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum
- Supported Education Community Action Group
- Selected Calling System
- Separate Engineering Control Air Limit
- Situated Evaluation of Computer-Assisted Learning
- Southern Energy California
- Sequential Color & Memory
- Séquentiel Couleur Avec Mémoire (French Color TV Standard)
- Symposium of the Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar
- System Essentially Contrary to American Method (French TV standard)
- Système Electronique Couleur avec Memoire (French: Electronic Color with Memory; broadcasting)
- Systems Engineering Capability Assessment Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
The sectoral adjustment loans for fertiliser and agriculture focused on increasing agricultural production and improving rural incomes through raising producer's prices so that they would be closer to international market prices and cutting input and consumer subsidies.
More recently, the World Bank has provided structural and sectoral adjustment loans which are conditioned on economic policy reforms.