Send only the information that is necessary to perform the required tasks; * Establish strict controls so that only those personnel with a need to know have access to files containing SSNs; * Ensure procedures are in place so that all electronic or hard copy documents and attachments containing PII are marked: FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY -PRIVACY SENSITIVE: Any misuse or unauthorized disclosure of this information may result in both criminal and civil penalties; * Ensure that compliance spot checks include data collections, surveys and spreadsheets; and * Foster compliance of Secretary of the Navy Instruction (SECNAVINST) 5211.
What does SECNAVINST stand for?
SECNAVINST stands for Secretary of the Navy Instruction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Set Equipment Contact Maintenance Unit
- Small Enterprise-Campus Network (software)
- Societe d'Edification de Constructions Nouvelles (French construction news)
- South East Cardiac Network (UK)
- Southeast Coast Network (US NPS)
- Spindle and Epithelioid Cell Nevus (dermatology)
- Survivable Emergency Conferencing Network
- Screwworm Emergency Centre for North Africa (Tripoli, Libya)
- Super Eroi Care N-Au Activitate (rap music group)
- Secretary of the Navy
- Secondary Location Network Channel Interface Code
- Secretary Network (England networking and contact association)
- Secure Network
- Luciano Secciani and Danielle Conti (Italian company; est. 1979)
- Second Engine Cut Off
- Second Stage Engine Cut Off (aerospace)
- Secondary Electron Conduction Orthicon
- Secrétariat d'Etat al'Economie
- Section Commander (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The guide incorporates the latest policy provided by the Department of Navy, Chief Information Officer via Secretary of the Navy Instruction 5000.
1 and Secretary of the Navy Instruction (SECNAVINST) 2400.
Carey is looking forward to taking the helm when he returns from his deployment with a Navy reserve unit in Iraq (see related artic In the meantime, our successes continued in December with the signing of Secretary of the Navy Instruction 075.
On the heels of Secretary of the Navy Instruction 5720.
Fielded in June 2004, a Web-based course on critical infrastructure protection (CIP) puts into action the education and outreach guidance of Secretary of the Navy Instruction (SECNAVINST) 3501.
Prevent compromise by: (1) Marking and protecting media according to the security classification level of the data residing on the media per Secretary of the Navy Instruction (SECNAVINST) 5510.