Secretary of State for Northern Ireland Theresa Villiers said the country was being held to ransom by the protesters and called for an end to the demonstrations.
What does SSNI stand for?
SSNI stands for Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SSNI
We have 1 other meaning of SSNI in our Acronym Attic
- Scotland, Scandinavia and Northern Europe (database)
- Sous-Marins Nucleaires Lanceurs d'Engins (French equivalent to Ballistic Missile Submarine)
- Sustainable Step New England
- Small States Network for Economic Development (Valletta, Malta)
- South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Scottish Stroke Nurses Forum (UK)
- Skeletal Street Network Files (Canada)
- Small-Signal Noise Floor (telecommunications reciever)
- Silos & Smokestacks National Heritage Area
- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (study)
- Social Support Network Inventory
- Spastics Society of Northern India (est. 1978; New Delhi, India)
- Star Search Nashville International (Nashville, TN)
- Small but Significant and Non-transitory Increase in Price (economics)
- Solid State Near Infra-Red Sensors
- Social Security and National Insurance Trust (Ghana)
- Solomon Schechter of North Jersey (Solomon Schechter Day School Association member; New Jersey)
- Senior Services of Northern Kentucky
- Sardar Sarovar Nigam, Ltd. (India)
- Schizophrenia Society of Newfoundland and Labrador (est. 1997; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The minutes state: "The Assembly would have the right to propose to the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland the transfer of executive powers either when 70% of its membership supported proposals as to what should be devolved or if the proposals commanded a majority of less than 70% but could be clearly seen to have a sufficient degree of cross-community support.
When I became Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, I concluded that while the IRA was gone, there were new extremists determined to bring violence back to the province.
Later in the day, Clinton held a bilateral meeting with British Secretary of State for Northern Ireland Owen Paterson.
All of which, particularly the latter quality, came in pretty handy in her role as Secretary of State for Northern Ireland in the lead up to the historic Good Friday Agreement.
Peter Hain was the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, he was in the middle of the Stormont handover.