In light of these considerations, the FDA has determined the following concerning the use of nonhuman primate xenografts in FDA-regulated products intended for human use: (1) an appropriate federal xenotransplantation advisory committee, such as a Secretary's Advisory Committee on Xenotransplantation (SACX) currently under development within the DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services), should address novel protocols and issues raised by the use of nonhuman primate xenografts, conduct discussions, including public discussions as appropriate, and make recommendations on the questions of whether and under what conditions the use of nonhuman primate xenografts would be appropriate in the United States.
What does SACX stand for?
SACX stands for Secretary's Advisory Committee on Xenotransplantation (US National Institutes of Health; discontinued in 2005)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Southern Association of College Women
- Standing Advisory Committee on Wheat
- Sub Aqua Club Wiltz
- Successive Approximation Character Weighting
- Security and Cooperation in West Asia
- SAC Warning System
- South African Crane Working Group (wildlife conservation organization)
- Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System (Illinois)
- South African Chemical Workers' Union
- South African Clothing Workers' Union (trade union)
- Sociedad Anónima Caminos y Regadios (Spanish)
- Southern Alameda County Youth Soccer League (California)
- South Atlantic Convergence Zone
- Safety & Arming Device
- Safety Analysis Diagram
- Safety Analysis Document
- Safety Assessment Document
- Safety Assurance Diagram
- Salon des Artistes Décorateurs (French art group)
- Scan Axis Directionality