The Secret Policeman's Ball (15) DVD PS10/Blu-ray PS12 DATING back to 1979, The Secret Policeman's Ball raises awareness of the invaluable work of Amnesty International in protecting free speech throughout the world with a special night of performances from the stars of British and American comedy.
What does SPB stand for?
SPB stands for Secret Policeman's Ball
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SPB
We have 163 other meanings of SPB in our Acronym Attic
- Salmon Protection and Watershed Network
- Security, Privacy and Authentication in Wireless Networks (IEEE workshop)
- Small Publishers, Artists & Writers Network (Ojai, CA)
- Service Personnel Assisting With Shelters (animal care nonprofit group)
- Semi-Permanent Autonomous Zone
- Saint Petersburg
- San Pawl il-Bahar (postal locality, Malta)
- Scénario Paintball (French: Scenario Paintball; online paintball forum)
- Schynige Platte Bahn (German; Swiss mountain railway)
- Sea Plane Base
- Security Policy Board
- Selling Price Breakdown (OEM industry)
- Semi Prismatic type B (LNG storage tank)
- Senior Professional Band (General Electric)
- Shanghai Price Bureau
- Shanghai Sports Bureau
- Shifted Polynomial Basis
- Ship Protected Barrier (US Navy)
- Shortest Path Bridging (computer networking)
- Silicon Package Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
Born in Consett, County Durham, Atkinson first came to national attention in the late 1970s in the renowned Amnesty International show The Secret Policeman's Ball and in the BBC satirical comedy series Not the Nine O'Clock News.
She has appeared as a panellist on 8 out of 10 Cats, Have I Got News For You, You Have Been Watching and as a performer at The Secret Policeman's Ball 2008 and 4 Stands Up.
The Secret Policeman's Ball (Channel 4, 10pm) IN THE summer of 1979, as Antiques Roadshow celebrated its first few months on air, John Cleese directed a different show that would also become part of entertainment history.
THE SECRET POLICEMAN'S BALL FRIDAY C4, 10pm More funny people doing good works, this time in aid of Amnesty International and human rights.
And today The Secret Policeman's Ball is still an arresting event.
The Secret Policeman's Ball Channel 4, 10pm In the summer of 1979, John Cleese directed The Secret Policeman's Ball, an Amnesty International benefit show that led to many successful follow-ups.
GU Amnesty's Secret Policeman's Ball, Queen Margaret Union, Glasgow Chris Henry, Billy Kirkwood and Des Clarke.