The syndrome was described as "a secondary traumatic stress disorder observed in caregivers who absorb the traumatic stress of those they help" (Compassion Fatigue, [paragraph] 2).
What does STSD stand for?
STSD stands for Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorder (psychology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STSD
We have 17 other meanings of STSD in our Acronym Attic
- Student and Schools System
- Sustainable Tourism Stewardship Council
- Systems and Software Consortium (various organizations)
- Space Telescope Science Institute
- Student Transportation Services of Central Ontario (Canada)
- Substrate-Triggered Silicon-Controlled Rectifier
- Sonar Technician Submarines Senior Chief (US Navy)
- South Texas School of Christian Studies
- Salisbury Township School District (Allentown PA)
- Science and Technology for Sustainable Development
- Semitone Standard Deviation
- Slifer the Sky Dragon (Yu-Gi-Oh! card)
- Society of Teachers of Speech and Drama (UK)
- Socio-Technical System Design (workflow process)
- Somerset Trust for Sustainable Development (UK)
- Southern Tioga School District (Blossburg, PA)
- Super T-Spin Double (Tetris)
- Space Telescope Science Data Analysis System
- Science Talent Search Examination
- Science, Technology, Society, and Environment Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
Compassion fatigue: Coping with secondary traumatic stress disorder (pp.
Compassion fatigue: Coping with secondary traumatic stress disorder in those who treat the traumatized (pp.