The drawback of this mode of operation is that each write operation has to wait for acknowledgement from both the primary and secondary storage devices, which significantly affects the application performance.
What does SSD stand for?
SSD stands for Secondary Storage Device (computer storage)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SSD
We have 418 other meanings of SSD in our Acronym Attic
- Schuldscheindarlehen (German promissory note)
- Science for Sustainable Development
- Scientific Software Development
- Scrap Salvage Division (US Navy)
- Seaford School District (Delaware)
- Searchable Serial Data-Store
- Seaside (Amtrak station code; Seaside, OR)
- Seattle School District
- Second Start Dial
- Second-degree Stochastical Dominance
Samples in periodicals archive:
This new breed of storage plan solves problems inherent in previous hierarchical storage management (HSM) systems, which inhibited recovery from a secondary storage device.
The major advantage of a properly configured disk-based WORM array is that it can potentially provide faster recovery of patient records and medical data residing on the secondary storage device.
If the main storage device should fail, data on the secondary storage device can immediately be promoted to primary status and brought online.