The inspection found that the facility failed to provide secondary containment in the truck unloading area, failed to conduct required inspections, failed to document training of staff in spill prevention, failed to provide adequate secondary containment for bulk storage containers, and failed to properly design pipe supports, the EPA said.
What does SEC stand for?
SEC stands for Secondary Containment
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SEC
We have 595 other meanings of SEC in our Acronym Attic
- Scintillator Electromagnetic Calorimeter
- Scottish Episcopal Church (UK)
- SDH Equipment Clock
- Search Engine College (Australia)
- Secans (trigonometry)
- Secant (trigonometry)
- Secaucus, New Jersey (New Jersey transit)
- Secondary Average (baseball statistic; determines how far on the bases a runner gets)
- Secondary Electron Conduction
- Secretaría de Educación y Cultura (México)
- Secretary's Department (International Monetary Fund)
- Section Executive Committee
- Secure Electronic Commerce
- Securities & Exchange Commission (US government)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (authority in the Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The inspectors also found that records were not available for review and the size of a secondary containment seemed inadequate.
Applications include manholes, secondary containment, wet wells, man-entry pipelines and more.
A 27-year veteran of the industry, one of O'Donoghue's most significant technological accomplishments was his work in developing anti-slip coatings for structural steel and internal secondary containment for above-ground storage tanks using unique epoxy technology.
SPCC measures of special concern to the food industry include: * A ruling on the requirements of compliance alternatives for certain animal fat/vegetable oil (AFVO) storage containers; * Clarification that loading rack requirements apply to loading and unloading racks and not more generally to loading and unloading areas; * A modification to the program's general secondary containment provisions which clarify the method, design, and capacity of secondary containment measures.
Individual secondary containment sumps and natural ventilation are supplied for each chamber.
This electrode can be used for buried pipelines, between primary and secondary containment of an above-ground storage tank or between storage tanks.