A 2008 Memorandum of Understanding between the US and Bulgaria enables NNSA's Second Line of Defense (SLD) program to partner with Bulgaria's Interior to combat nuclear smuggling by installing radiation detection equipment at border crossings and other points of entry, conducting border security training and holding technical workshops with law enforcement agencies in Bulgaria.
What does SLD stand for?
SLD stands for Second Line of Defense
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SLD
We have 164 other meanings of SLD in our Acronym Attic
- Skandia Life Cowes Week (yachting regatta; UK)
- Salt Lake County Water Conservancy District (Utah)
- Sierra Lakes County Water District (California)
- System Life Cycle Working Group
- Safety Level Days
- Sauver le Darfour (French: Save Darfur)
- Scattering Length Density
- Scheduled Lightpath Demand
- Schools and Libraries Division (USAC)
- Second Level Domain
- Secreterial Language Diploma (UK)
- Selected Linear, Definite-Clause (logical proofs)
- Self-Love Deficiency (mental health)
- Senior Leader Development (US Army)
- Service Level Description (Service Level Agreements)
- Service Life Design
- Severe Laziness Disease
- Severe Learning Disability
- Sherman L Dantzler (Grand Blanc, MI business consulting)
- Side Loading Door
Samples in periodicals archive:
They must put in place a second line of defense that provides early detection and response to these breaches so the damage can be quickly contained and cyber criminals deterred.
They had a lot of casualties and we are going toward the second line of defense," Brigadier Udaya Nanayakkara, a Sri Lankan military spokesman, said.
The gene acts as a second line of defense when a drug permeates the fortified cell wall, he says.
The second line of defense is the Kurds themselves.
MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES The second line of defense is to attack spam at the organizational level by educating employees, establishing an e-mail address on which they can report spam to the IT department and installing software to minimize it.
Therefore, a second line of defense is required to provide complete protection by constantly and automatically ensuring those applications are functioning properly and are properly maintained.