The aim of this study was to determine the antihyperglycemic activity of synthetic Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG) in strepto-zotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats.
What does SECO stand for?
SECO stands for Secoisolariciresinol
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SECO
We have 10 other meanings of SECO in our Acronym Attic
- Spindle and Epithelioid Cell Nevus (dermatology)
- Survivable Emergency Conferencing Network
- Screwworm Emergency Centre for North Africa (Tripoli, Libya)
- Super Eroi Care N-Au Activitate (rap music group)
- Secretary of the Navy
- Secretary of the Navy Instruction
- Secondary Location Network Channel Interface Code
- Secretary Network (England networking and contact association)
- Secure Network
- Luciano Secciani and Danielle Conti (Italian company; est. 1979)
- Second Engine Cut Off
- Second Stage Engine Cut Off (aerospace)
- Secondary Electron Conduction Orthicon
- Secrétariat d'Etat al'Economie
- Section Commander (Australia)
- Sector Emergency Control Officer
- Sociedad Española de Cirugía de la Obesidad
- State Energy Conservation Office
- State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (Bern, Switzerland)
- Sumter Electric Cooperative, Inc. (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Flax meal, which is devoid of oil, contains the lignan secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG).
Among both sexes the most common types of phytoestrogens were the isoflavones daidzein (205 [micro]g/day in women and 289 [micro]g/day in men) and genistein (352 [micro]g/day in women and 497 [micro]g/day in men) and the lignan secoisolariciresinol (194 [micro]g/day in women and 243 [micro]g/day in men).
Secoisolariciresinol diglycoside is a lignan in flaxseeds and their oils.
16) [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] Secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG), a flaxseed lignan, and its metabolites secoisolariciresinol (SECO), enterodiol (ED), and enterolactone (EL), which are all formed in the body have antioxidant activity.
AlaLife flax lignan is a standardized flaxseed extract with high quality lignans, particularly secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG).
Flaxseed is one of the richest sources of a plant lignan called secoisolariciresinol diglycoside (SDG).
Washington State University (Pullman, WA) has patented a secoisolanciresinol dehydrogenase protein isolated from Forsythia intermedia, together with cDNAs encoding secoisolariciresinol dehydrogenase from this species.