The search for extraterrestrial intelligence is still in its infancy, and there is much parameter space left to explore," they said.
What does SETI stand for?
SETI stands for Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SETI
We have 35 other meanings of SETI in our Acronym Attic
- Strategic Equity Transactions Group (Deutsche Bank AG; Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Search for Extra-Terrestrial Homochirality
- Secondary Education through Health (New York)
- Setheading (Hyper Logo command)
- Sociedad Española de Trombosis y Hemostasia (Spanish: Spanish Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis)
- Système Expert en Toxicologie Humaine
- Southeast Tennessee Human Resource Agency (Dunlap, TN)
- South East Texas Home School Association (Spring, TX)
- Service d'Etudes Hydrologiques
- Electrical Inspectorate Sarkiniementie (Finland Approval Agency)
- Software Engineering and Theoretical Informatics (Netherlands)
- Software Engineering, Tools and Infrastructure
- Space Exploration & Theology Institute
- Stock Exchange of Thailand Index
- Strategic Electronic Technology Information
- Search Engine for Travel Information on the Internet
- Société d'Etudes et de Transactions Immobilières (France)
- Sistema de Emergencia para la Transportacion de la Industria Quimica (Emergency Transportation System for the Chemical Industry; Mexico)
- Scholarly Electronic Text and Image Service
- Sciences of Electronic Technologies of Information and Telecommunications Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
SETI is an acronym for Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence.
Back in April, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute was forced to shut down its $30 million radio telescope array, designed to hear potential signals from alien life forms, for lack of funds.
This site is home to a scientific experiment that uses internet-connected computers in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.
Researchers working on the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence project think aliens might try to communicate using high-intensity light beams - which they said can be 10 times as bright as the Sun and be easily observed from enormous distances.
Researchers at the Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) said high-intensity beams may be 10 times as bright as the sun.
Seth is the senior astronomer at the Seti Institute in California - Seti standing for Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence.
The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Seti) has already spent four decades checking radio waves for patterns that would betray the influence of intelligence.