The 2,000 merchant marine sailors who supported Operation Iraqi Freedom were praised by Michael Sacco, president, of the Seafarers International Union.
What does SIU stand for?
SIU stands for Seafarers International Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIU
We have 72 other meanings of SIU in our Acronym Attic
- Stats in the Wild (sports statistics)
- Sorry If That Was Unclear (net slang)
- Society of Interpreters and Translators of Yukon (Canada)
- See, I Told You So
- Seychelles International Trade Zone (Seychelles)
- Salem International University
- Sapporo International University (Japan)
- Scheduling Information Unsolicited (health care)
- Schiller International University
- School Improvement Unit (various locations)
- Secondary Index Utility
- Sector Intelligence Unit (US Border Patrol)
- Sensitive Investigative Unit
- Senter for internasjonalisering av høyere utdanning (Centre for International University Cooperation; Norway)
- Senter for Internasjonalt Universitetssamarbeid (Norwegian: Centre for International University Cooperation)
- Serial Interface Unit
- Service Informatique Universitaire (French: University Computing Services; University of Namur; Belgium)
- Sets In Use (TV)
- Signal Interface Unit
- Significant Industrial User
Samples in periodicals archive:
Maritime preserves health benefits The American Maritime Association and the Seafarers International Union reached a 3-year agreement, covering some 9,000 unlicensed crew members (seamen) on tankers and dry cargo ships, that provides for wage increases and maintenance of health benefits.