Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society announced that it forced Japanese vessels to leave Antarctic waters off the coast of Australia.
What does SSCS stand for?
SSCS stands for Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (Environmental Group)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SSCS
We have 38 other meanings of SSCS in our Acronym Attic
- Stainless Steel Cold Rolled
- Student Status Change Report
- Student Status Confirmation Report
- Soldiers' & Sailors' Civil Relief Act of 1940
- Soft Synchronized Computing in Rounds for Adequate Parallelization
- Southern Sonoma County Resource Conservation District (California)
- Site-Specific Crop Response Function (agriculture)
- Soil Science and Conservation Research Institute (Slovakia)
- Senate Standing Committee on Regulations and Ordinances (Australia)
- Springfield-Sangamon County Regional Planning Commission (joint planning body for the City of Springfield and Sangamon County, Illinois)
- Seabed Scour Control Systems (UK)
- Service Specific Convergence Sublayer (ATM)
- Social Security and Child Support (UK)
- Solid-State Circuits Society (IEEE)
- Sony Supply Chain Solutions (Japan)
- South Shore Community Services LLC
- Space to Space Communications System
- Special Security Communications System
- Spread Spectrum Cellular System
- Spread Spectrum Communications System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The pair from the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society were handed over to the Australian customs ship Oceanic Viking.
Fishermen from the village of Taiji, near Osaka, "made killing gestures with their knives" at activists and shone flashlights in the faces of Nik Hensey and Billy McNamara of the California-based Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.
CONTACT: Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, PO Box 628, Venice, CA 90294/(310)/301-SEAL.