In the sea level pressure column, Y or Z indicates the number is the mean height in gpm of the 850 hPa or 700 hPa pressure surface, respectively.
What does SLP stand for?
SLP stands for Sea Level Pressure
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SLP
We have 297 other meanings of SLP in our Acronym Attic
- Suite Life of Zack and Cody (TV show)
- Sacred Landmarks Partnership (of northeast Ohio)
- Safety Lighting Products (Canada)
- Saint Lucia Labor Party
- San Louis Potosi (Mexico)
- San Luis Obispo, California Cal Poly (Amtrak station code; San Luis Obispo, CA)
- San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi, Mexico (Airport Code)
- Saskatchewan Liberal Party
- School Lunch Program
- Scouting Landplane (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Usually (at sea level pressures on Earth) water will turn from a liquid to a gas at 100 degrees Celsius (373 Kelvin) -- i.
Some synoptical and dynamical quantities attain in this point, such as the mean sea level pressure and its anomaly, 500-hpa geopotential anomaly, relative vorticity advection and thermal vorticity advection and thickness advection.
Experimenters controlled the chamber's air pressure so that it was nearly 1 atmosphere, or sea level pressure, for some experiments and, for others, just 0.
The maximum daily temperatures ranged from 84 to 103 degrees on ozone days, seal level pressures ranged from 1011 to 1021 mb, and sea level pressure was negatively correlated with temperatures.
RELATED ARTICLE: North Atlantic Oscillation The top two panels of the figure, sea level pressure in millibars, show an example of regional shifting climatic patterns.