It is believed the British Sea Harrier Jet model ZH808, which was built in 1997, was sold in 2005 after it was damaged due to a hard landing in an exercise at RAF Akrotiri where it was on a visit.
What does SHAR stand for?
SHAR stands for Sea Harrier
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SHAR
We have 6 other meanings of SHAR in our Acronym Attic
- Shortened Hearing Aid Performance Inventory (auditory science)
- Southern HIV/AIDS Prevention Initiative (Pfizer Foundation)
- Shear-Horizontal Acoustic Plate Mode (also seen as SH-APM)
- Ship Acquisition Program/Project Manager
- Stroke and Heart Attack Prevention Program (Georgia)
- Senior High Alliance of Parents, Principals and Educators (Washington, DC)
- Safe Haven Avian Placement Services (est. 2001; animal rescue)
- School of Hawaiian, Asian and Pacific Studies (University of Hawaii)
- Stanford Health Assessment Questionnaire
- Success and Happiness Attributes Questionnaire
- Self Help Addiction Rehabilitation, Inc. (Detroit, MI; est. 1969)
- Ship Hostile Action Report
- Simpsons: Hit and Run (video game)
- Social History of Alcohol Review (journal; Alcohol and Temperance History Group)
- Sriharikota High Altitude Range (Indian Space Research Organisation)
- Sriharikota Range (Indian Space Research Organisation, India)
- Superannuation Holding Accounts Reserve (Australian government)
- SHAllow RADar
- Savannah Hilton Head Area Rocketry Club
- Scott Hughes Architects (Venice, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Below, right, Margaret Thatcher during a visit to British Aerospace's Sea Harrier production line in 1982
the war cost 255 British lives, six ships (10 others were very badly damaged), nine Harriers and Sea Harriers and more than pounds 1.
Sea Harrier ZX494 came complete with two 30mm cannons but minus its pounds 250,000 Pegasus engine and computer systems due to regulations which prevent it being flown in the UK.
Sadly, you always get that when anything a bit different goes up for sale by auction on eBay and a Royal Navy Sea Harrier jump jet certainly comes into that category.
Because Mr Benbow, marketing executive for truck company Keltruck, found himself the proud owner of a Royal Navy Sea Harrier -after taking it in part-exchange for a second hand Scania lorry.