Washington, May 23 (ANI): As part of a partnership between Google, the University of California and the UC San Diego Libraries, the 100,000 volumes from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography Library, the world's largest oceanography library, have been digitized and are being made accessible to public.
What does SIO stand for?
SIO stands for Scripps Institution of Oceanography
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIO
We have 98 other meanings of SIO in our Acronym Attic
- Solomon Islands National Unity, Reconciliation and Progressive Party (Solomon Islands political party)
- Satellite Integration into Networks for UMTS Services
- Solomon Islands National Union of Workers
- Silicon Nano-Wire
- Staten Island New York
- Steel Institute of New York
- Syndicat d'Initiative de Nyangezi (French: Union Intiative of Nyangezi; Congo)
- South Island New Zealand
- Safety Interlock Override
- Scalable Input/Output Initiative (California Institute of Technology)
- Second Institute of Oceanography (China)
- Section Interorganisations
- Secure Identity Object (data model)
- Security and Information Operations
- Senior Intelligence Officer
- Senior International Officer (various organizations)
- Senior Investigation Officer (UK)
- Serial Input/Output
- serious inquiries only
- Service Information Octet (SS7)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ram Ramanathan, a climate scientist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, Calif.
But more medicines are needed, and the oceans are a promising source, says chemist William Fenical, who heads marine research at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
Gille, an oceanographer at Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, Calif.