The Scottish Health Advisory Service have said Carstairs patients are flouting a ban on sex with visitors.
What does SHAS stand for?
SHAS stands for Scottish Health Advisory Service (est. 1970; now National Health Service Quality Improvement Scotland)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SHAS
We have 5 other meanings of SHAS in our Acronym Attic
- Symbolic Hierarchical Automated Reliability and Performance Evaluation
- Sexual Harassment And Rape Prevention Program
- Solar-Heliospheric Activity Research and Prediction Program
- Ship/Helicopter Acoustic Range Prediction System
- Sonic High Accuracy Ranging and Positioning System
- Submersible Habitat for Analyzing Reef Quality
- Scoped Hybrid Automatic Repeat Request with Forward Error Correction
- School Health and Related Services (Texas)
- Split Hyperfractionated Accelerated Radiation Therapy
- Safe Haven Animal Sanctuary (San Jose, CA)
- Shomrei Torah Sephardim-Sephardi Torah Guardians (Israeli political party)
- Subjective High Assessment Scale (alcohol intoxication)
- Supplement to HIV/AIDS Surveillance
- SVM (Service Module) Harness Subsystem
- Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan (est. 1962)
- School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Cambridge, MA)
- Self-Help Agency Satisfaction Scale (psychology)
- South Haven Area Senior Services (South Haven, MI)
- Southern H-Alpha Sky Survey Atlas
- Shady Historic and Scenic Trails Association, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
Up to 40 patients are still at Carstairs because a lack of outside support and facilities, says the Scottish Health Advisory Service.
The fears expressed in Dr Connaughton's letter confirms issues raised in a recent report by the Scottish Health Advisory Service which highlighted a widening rift between senior management and workers at Carstairs.
The corpse-shed scandal was revealed in a new report by the Scottish Health Advisory Service.
A study by the Scottish Health Advisory Service two years ago uncovered horrifying allegations of neglect, mental abuse and racism at the hospital's geriatric unit.
Inspectors from the Scottish Health Advisory Service found most of the 514 Lennox Castle patients "have a poor quality of life".
A six-man team from the Scottish Health Advisory Service visited the 200- bed unit last week.
The Scottish Health Advisory Service made spot checks at hospitals for 500 elderly patients in Midlothian and East Lothian.