SCOTTISH CHURCH INITIATIVE FOR UNION (SCIFU): Church of Scotland [Presbyterian]; Methodist Church; Scottish Episcopal Church; United Reformed Church.
What does SCIFU stand for?
SCIFU stands for Scottish Church Initiative for Union (United Kingdom)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Sindicato da Carreira de Investigação e Fiscalização do Sef (Portuguese: National Union of Career Research and Monitoring of the Foreigners and Borders Service)
- Strategic Committee on Immigration, Frontiers and Asylum
- Santa Clarita International Film Festival (now International Family Film Festival)
- Six Cysteines in Forty-Five
- Social Constrained If and Only If (computing)
- Surf City International Film Festival (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Scan Chain Implemented Fault Injection (also seen as SCI-FI)
- Science Communication and Involvement Following Integrated Strategies (Community Research and Development Information Service; EU)
- Science Fiction
- Southern California Institute for Fan Interests (science fiction; Van Nuys, CA)
- Scottish Construction Industry Group (UK)
- Scottish Curling-Ice Group (Scotland, UK)
- Simulator Component Inoperative Guide (transportation industry regulation; Canada)
- Southern California International Gateway
- Squirrel Cage Induction Generator (wind turbines)
- State Correctional Institution at Graterford (Pennsylvania)
- Steuben County Industrial Guild (Angola, IN)
- Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin (medical treatment)
- Submarine Cable Improvement Group (est. 1995)
- South Central Illinois Growth Alliance
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Church of Scotland Rejects Ecumenical Union (July/August News Briefs) as presented by the Scottish Church Initiative for Union, Michael Henley, Anglican bishop of St.
The Scottish Church Initiative for Union, which began work in 1996, proposed, among other things, that the four form so-called "maxi" parishes, in which parishes would work together under one leadership body and be grouped together in regions under a bishop and regional council, It also proposed a national council that would be "the chief locus of authority.