In recent years, two major neonatal severity measures, the Score for Neonatal Acute Physiology (SNAP) and the Clinical Risk Index for Babies (CRIB), have been developed.
What does SNAP stand for?
SNAP stands for Score for Neonatal Acute Physiology (severity index)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SNAP
We have 317 other meanings of SNAP in our Acronym Attic
- State and National Affairs Office (Associated Students of the University of California, Davis)
- Swedish National Audit Office
- Student Nurses Association of Oakland University (Michigan)
- SABRE Network of Attached Processors (Airlines Computer System)
- Safety Net for Abused Persons
- Sarawak National Action Party (Malaysia)
- Satellite Navigation & Positioning Group (School of Geomatic Engineering, University of New South Wales)
- Scheduling and Notification of Applicants for Processing (US Department of Homeland Security)
- School Network for Absenteeism Prevention
- Screen Name and Password
- Seatbelts Need A Partner (safety program)
- Seattle Neighborhoods Actively Prepare (Seattle, WA)
- Secure Network Access Platform (Microlink)
- Secure NFC (Near Field Communication) Application (radio communication protocol program; Graz, Austria)
- Security Night Assistance Patrol
- SEGA Network Application Package
- Select and Native Programming (US DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System)
- Selected Nomenclature for Sources of Air Pollution
- Sell Now Assistance Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data were extracted from the original charts of these infants to classify each infant's disease severity during the first 24 hours of life using both the Score for Neonatal Acute Physiology (SNAP) and the Clinical Risk Index for Babies (CRIB) methods (Richardson, Gray, and McCormick 1993; International Neonatal Network 1993).
Importantly, they used two objective, validated measures of neonatal illness severity, the Score for Neonatal Acute Physiology (SNAP) and its perinatal extension (SNAP-PE) (8,9).