But for the past 30 years, husband and wife team Joseph Renzulli and Sally Reis have been steadily increasing the pool of educators trained to apply talent development practices to mainstream instruction through the Renzulli Learning Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM).
What does SEM stand for?
SEM stands for Schoolwide Enrichment Model
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SEM
We have 372 other meanings of SEM in our Acronym Attic
- Saccadic Eye Movement
- Safety and Environmental Management (various organizations)
- Saint Etienne Métropole (French: Saint Etienne Metropolis; Loire, France)
- Sample Exchange Mechanism (US NASA)
- Samuel Eliot Morison (historian)
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Scheduled Event Management (Sprint)
- Schlegel Electronic Materials (various locations)
- School of Economics and Management
- Science and Engineering of Materials
- Scuola Estetica Moderna (Italian: Modern Beauty School)
- Search Engine Management
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Master
- Search-Engine Marketing
- Seattle Emergency Management (Seattle, WA)
- Secondary Emission Monitor
- Secteur Extra-Métropolitain (French: Extra-Metropolitan Area; French Social Security)
- Secure Ethernet Multiplexer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many of the programs were developed according to the Enrichment Triad Model (Renzulli, 1976), which is the core of Renzulli's Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM).
The Music & Minds program was based on the Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM), a talent development model usually implemented in programs for the gifted and talented (Renzulli, 1977, 1994; Renzulli & Reis, 1985, 1997)that provides enrichment experiences for students by focusing on individual learning styles, prior experiences, patterns of talent development, and educational needs.