A study by the Schools Health Education Unit found that 58 per cent of female pupils in Year 10 would like to shed some weight.
What does SHEU stand for?
SHEU stands for Schools Health Education Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SHEU
- Southeastern Health Economic Study Group (conference)
- Society of Hispanic Engineering and Science Students (California State University, Los Angeles; student assistance group; est. 1975)
- Society for the History of Economic Thought (various locations)
- Staphylococcus Hyicus Exfoliative Toxin
- Staphylococcus Hyicus Exfoliative Toxin B
- Safety, Health and Environmental Technology Division (Georgia Tech Research Institute; Atlanta, GA)
- See How Easy This Is
- Scottish Hydro Electric Transmission Ltd
- Scottish Hydro-Electric Transmission Limited (UK)
- Safety, Health, and Environmental-Finding Tracking System (software)
- Students Health Education Unit
- Survey of Household Energy Use (Canada)
- Series Hybrid-Electric Vehicle
- smoke and heat exhaust ventilator
- Stichting Historisch Erfgoed Veldhoven (Dutch: Historic Heritage Foundation Veldhoven; Veldhoven, Netherlands)
- Smoke and Heat Exhaust Ventilation System
- Selected Highlights Electronic Warfare
- Society for Health, Environment and Women's Development (Nepal)
- Shewhart Exponentially Weighted Moving Average
- Sundays and Holidays Excepted
Samples in periodicals archive:
TEENAGE girls are so desperate to slim that nearly a third skip breakfast and a fifth miss lunch, a Schools Health Education Unit study found.
Almost half of 14 to 15 yearold girls say they do not get enough sleep to concentrate on school work, according to a study by the Schools Health Education Unit.
A study by the Schools Health Education Unit said 38% of girls in Year 6 surveyed were not happy with their weight.
A report by the Schools Health Education Unit found that four per cent of the 12- to 13-year-olds surveyed drank 28 or more units of alcohol in the last week.
The study by the Schools Health Education Unit also stated that a third of 15-year-olds have been drunk to the point of being sloshed and only eight percent of children said they have never touched alcohol.
The findings emerge in an annual nationwide study of children aged ten to 15 conducted by the Schools Health Education Unit.
By the age of 12 or 13, the figure has doubled, with nearly one in five classed as "drinkers", according to a report from the Schools Health Education Unit (SHEU).