The Department's Office of Safe and Healthy Students (OSHS) has awarded Project School Emergency Response to Violence (SERV) grants to Chicago Public Schools following 35 shootings this past year at four high schools in the Greater Englewood community and to Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and New York City in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
What does SERV stand for?
SERV stands for School Emergency Response to Violence (US Department of Education)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SERV
We have 14 other meanings of SERV in our Acronym Attic
- Screaming Eagle Replacement Training School (Vietnam)
- Software Engineering for Real-Time Systems Laboratory
- Solar Extreme-Ultraviolet Rocket Telescope and Spectrograph
- Shared E-Resource Understanding
- Shared Electronic Resource Understanding (license agreement)
- Small Enterprise Research Unit (Newcastle University; UK)
- Special Education Resource Unit (Department of Education and Children's Services; Australia)
- Support and Evaluation Resource Unit (Australia; health care)
- Action pour la Promotion de la contribution active de la femme rwandaise au développement de son pays
- Software Engineering Risk: Understanding & Management
- Service by Emergency Rider Volunteers (bike service; UK)
- Single-Stage Earth-Orbital Reusable Vehicle (US NASA)
- Sociaal-Economische Raad Van Vlaanderen
- Society of Ethical and Religious Vegetarians
- Student Emergency Response Volunteers (various schools)
- Sunnybrook Translational Research Group for Emerging Respiratory Viruses (Canada)
- Supportive Education for the Returning Veteran (Cleveland State University; Ohio)
- Swiss Export Risk Insurance
- Service Command, Fleet Marine Force, Pacific (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Soon thereafter, the Department awarded Joplin Schools an Extended Services Project School Emergency Response to Violence (SERV) grant totaling $818,185, to continue assistance for ongoing recovery efforts.