Our study has promoted the further understanding of the pathogenesis of dry eye disease, which is fundamental to develop new treatments and thus improve quality of life for those with this disease," said Yihe Chen, a researcher involved in the work from the Schepens Eye Research Institute at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary of the Department of Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School in Boston.
What does SERI stand for?
SERI stands for Schepens Eye Research Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SERI
We have 21 other meanings of SERI in our Acronym Attic
- Systems Engineering Research Group (universities; UK)
- Special Education Resources for General Educators
- SouthEastern Regional Genetics Group
- Servicios Electroquimicos de Guatemala SA (Spanish)
- Soluciones En Recursos Humanos (Guatemala, Solutions in Human Resources)
- South East Regional Health Authority (Canada)
- Southeastern Reining Horse Association (North Carolina)
- Symmetry-Equivalenced Restricted Hartree-Fock
- Serials Holdings (database)
- Samsung Economic Research Institute (South Korea)
- Serological Research Institute
- Shrishti Eco-Research Institute
- Singapore Eye Research Institute
- Social and Environmental Research Institute
- Sociedad Española de Rehabilitacion Infantil (Spanish)
- Société d'Encouragement pour la Recherche et l'Invention (French)
- Socio-Economic and Environmental Research Institute
- Socio-Economic Risk Indicator
- Solar Energy Research Institute (Golden, Colorado)
- Special Education Resources on the Internet
Samples in periodicals archive:
In lieu of flowers: Schepens Eye Research Institute, (Macular Degeneration) schepens.
Scientists at Harvard University's Department of Ophthalmology's Schepens Eye Research Institute and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, say they are the first to learn why the cornea, the clear window of the eye, is free of blood vessels--a unique phenomenon that makes vision possible.
Dry eye occurs most often in the elderly, and nearly 75 percent of people over age 65 may experience dry eye symptoms, according to Schepens Eye Research Institute in Boston, the largest independent eye research institute in the U.
2) Armed with that knowledge and shocked by the high incidence of vision impairment in women around the world, she and colleagues at the Schepens Eye Research Institute and other medical institutions formed the Women's Eye Health Task Force, dedicated to providing education and out-reach to stem the growing number of women with impaired vision.
For the more than 8 million people in the United States suffering from dry eye syndrome, emerging research from Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Schepens Eye Research Institute suggests that changing dietary habits may help play a key role in prevention.