Police scenes of crime officers spent much of the day at the scene yesterday.
What does SOCO stand for?
SOCO stands for Scenes of Crime Officer (UK law enforcement evidence gatherer)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SOCO
We have 11 other meanings of SOCO in our Acronym Attic
- Special Operations Charity Network (American Warrior Legends Night)
- Statements of Clinical Need (UK)
- Stichting Openbaar Carnaval Nijmegen (Dutch carnival foundation)
- Students of Color Network
- Systems, Optimization, Control and Networks (education)
- Servicemember's Opportunity College - Navy
- Service-Oriented Architectures in Converging Networked Environments (IEEE Workshop)
- Sandia Oil Company (Albuquerque, NM)
- Scene of Crime Officers
- Scene of the Crime Operatives (Philippine National Police)
- Scion Owners Club of Ottawa (Ottawa, Canada)
- Single Overriding Communication Objective
- Social Company
- Something Corporate (band)
- Sonoma County (California)
- South of Commonwealth District (Fullerton, CA)
- Southern Colorado
- Southern Comfort
- St. Onge Company (engineering consulting)
- Standards Of Conduct Office (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Det Supt Phil Bladen, from the Staffordshire Police Professional Standards department, said: "Officers from our Major Investigations Department have carried out an investigation relating to cases the 48-year-old former scenes of crime officer attended.
A large white forensic tent was then erected over the man's body in preparation for specialist scenes of crime officers to assess the area.
Scenes of crime officer Calum Esplin, who went to Arthur's house after Scott died there, said a drawer was open exposing syringes.
Byline: Michelle Rushton What does a career as a scenes of crime officer involve?
An investigation by scenes of crime officers and fire officers into the cause of the fire began early yesterday.
Yesterday, scenes of crime officers were carrying out a fingertip search of the pounds 250, 000 four bedroomed, semidetached house.
Mrs O'Loan was also critical of the Scenes of Crime Officer, saying: "Evidence was left exposed to the elements overnight and to the possibility of loss of forensic value.