Researchers have developed a simple blood test for this variation of the scavenger receptor class B type 1 gene (SCARB1) but emphasized there is no approved therapy yet to address the problem in infertile women.
What does SR-B stand for?
SR-B stands for Scavenger Receptor Class B
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 185 other meanings of SR-B in our Acronym Attic
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development
- Safety, Reliability, and Quality (US NASA)
- Safety, Reliability, and Quality Assurance
- Shake Rattle and Roll
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Sturgis Rally and Race Inc.
- Supporting Research and Technology (NASA)
- Stoner Rifle 16
- Scavenger Receptor Class A
- Selective Repeat Automatic Repeat Request
- Scavenger Receptor Class B Type I (vitamin E transport)
- Self Repairing Bio-Inspired Cellular Hardware
- Single-Resonator Bandpass Filter
- Single Reference-Coupled-Cluster
- Single Reference-Coupled-Cluster Discharge
- Single Reference-Coupled-Cluster Single Discharge
- Short Range with Dismount
- Scavenger Receptor Expressed by Endothelial Cells (biochemistry)
- Secretion Rate of Insulin
- Stored-Reference Impulse Radio
Samples in periodicals archive:
The present invention combines two individual assays, which are two different cholesterol assays: an assay measuring scavenger receptor class B type I (SR-BI)-mediated cholesterol efflux and an assay measuring ATP binding cassette protein 1 (ABCA1)-mediated cholesterol efflux, and uses them in parallel to test human and animal sera for their potential to stimulate efflux, as mediated by either of the two receptors described above.