The costs at issue in Lincoln Savings consisted of payments made to a secondary reserve fund that the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation maintained.
What does S&L stand for?
S&L stands for Savings and Loan
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of S&L
We have 1 other meaning of S&L in our Acronym Attic
- Synchronization and Integration Group
- Security and Intelligence Office
- Survey & Investigation Staff
- Systems and Information Technology Group (TRW)
- Spear & Jackson (gardening tool manufacturer; UK)
- Salish and Kootenai (Flathead Reservation, Montana)
- Snow and Knobstedt (ship engines; US Navy)
- Sonic and Knuckles (Sega video game)
- Salt and Light (various organizations)
- Sargent and Lundy LLC (Chicago, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
593-6A(b)(5)(vi) and (vii), issued in 1978, required savings and loans to include net operating losses (NOLs) in taxable income before calculating a bad debt deduction.