In reply to a written question in the Lok Sabha today, Narayanasamy said 'the Satellite with Argos and Altika (SARAL) has been successfully launched on 25th February, 2013, at 18:01 hrs, onboard Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) C-20 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), Sriharikota'.
What does SARAL stand for?
SARAL stands for Satellite with ARgos and ALtiKa (altimetry mission; various organizations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Search and Rescue Armed Helicopter (British military)
- Shock, Anger, Rejection, Acceptance, Help (reactions to change)
- Single and Rich and Happy
- Society for Administration of Remuneration for Audio Home Recording (Japan)
- Someone As Real As Her (Elzhi song)
- Spiritual and Religious Alliance for Hope
- Standard Automated Remote to AUTODIN Host
- System for Advising on the Regulations for Assessing Hazards
- South Asia Resource Access on the Internet
- Search and Rescue Assistance in Disasters (UK)
- Sequential Access Random Access Memory
- Single-Access RAM
- Southern Alberta Rural Area Network
- Southern African Rock Art Project
- Survivable, Affordable, Repairable Airframe Program (Army)
- Sistema de Adquisición Rápida de Satélites Y Lanzadores (Spanish: Rapid Acquisition System for Satellites and Launchers)
- Study and Research Assistance Scheme (Australia)
- South Australian Recreation and Arts (Australia)
- Speech Assisted Reading and Writing (software)
- Salmon Arm Roots and Blues (festival; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Indo-French satellite is called "SARAL", short for Satellite with ARGOS and ALTIKA -- two climate tools developed for analysing ocean currents and sea surface heights by French space agency CNES.