To achieve this end, remote sensing techniques and processes have been employed on high resolution satellite data to classify different types of vegetation.
What does SATDAT stand for?
SATDAT stands for Satellite Data
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Science and Technology Consortium of the MidAtlantic (Towson, MD)
- Satellite Communications Agency
- Satellite Communications System
- Satellite Condition
- Seattle Army Terminal Detachment
- Security Assistance Training Directorate
- Services and Application Development
- Slash At the Disco
- Strike Aircraft Test Directorate
- Sum of Absolute Hadamard Transformed Differences
- Southern Alberta Toy Dog Fanciers (Canada)
- Solway Argentine Tango Dance Society (UK)
- Stand Alone Tower Display System
- SDP Application Test Environment
- Security Awareness Training & Education
- Sidewinder Automated Test Equipment
- Sistema Automático de Tratamiento de Equipajes
- Special Automated Test Equipment
- Study of Army Test & Evaluation
- Sennacieca Asocio Tutmonda En Britio (Esperanto: World Non-National Association in Britain)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because hurricanes take time to grow, scientists and storm chasers like Faidley can use satellite data to see where they are--and where they're likely to strike land.
And recent satellite data indicate that ozone declined by 3 percent to 5 percent over the United States and Europe between 1979 and 1991.
Scofield, National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service, for outstanding research and leadership in the application of NOAKs satellite data to the improvement of heavy precipitation and flash flood forecasts.
Smith said in an agency press release that the best application of satellite data to improve tsunami hazard forecasts may be in helping to map the ocean floor from space.