Although in a picturesque area, the Tonawanda has been challenged recently to address their sanitary sewer overflows (SSO's) which could have significant effect on residents and the environment.
What does SSO stand for?
SSO stands for Sanitary Sewer Overflow
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSO
We have 250 other meanings of SSO in our Acronym Attic
- Settlement Support New Zealand (Immigration New Zealand)
- Sport Science New Zealand (exercise science)
- Safety Services Officer
- Safety/Security Officer
- Saginaw Symphony Orchestra (Saginaw, Michigan)
- Sahara and Sahel Observatory
- Sales Service Order
- Same-Sex Oriented
- Sammamish Symphony Orchestra (Issaquah, WA)
- Sandia Site Office
- Sapporo Symphony Orchestra (Japan)
- Sarasota Sheriff's Office (FL)
- Satellite Switching Office
- Scarborough Symphony Orchestra (UK)
- School Support Organization
- Scleroderma Society of Ontario
- Scottsdale Symphony Orchestra (Arizona)
- Seaward Security Officer
- Secondary Significant Other (polyamory)
- Seguro Social Obligatorio (Spanish: Compulsory Social Security; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Moylan said the city followed sanitary sewer overflow protocols by immediately notifying the city's Department of Inspectional Services and the state Department of Environmental Protection.
While the Lincoln Village location has not been identified as a problem area, there are many areas of the city that are prone to sanitary sewer overflow.
Capital Improvements Program consideration of five-year projects including sanitary sewer service to Jasper/Natron, wastewater improvements to eliminate sanitary sewer overflows in wet weather, Franklin Boulevard improvements for transit, bikes, pedestrians and vehicles in Glenwood area.
This term contract plays a significant and strategic role in restoring the structural integrity of the city's collection system while reducing inflow and infiltration and eliminating sanitary sewer overflows.