San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners The San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners (SLUG) is a grassroots organization that empowers communities and individuals with education and employment.
What does SLUG stand for?
SLUG stands for San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners (San Francisco, CA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SLUG
We have 46 other meanings of SLUG in our Acronym Attic
- Scripting Language for Unhindered Development of A Gaming Environment
- salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, gastrointestinal upset, emesis, miosis (mnemonic for symptoms of nerve agent poisoning)
- Short Little Ugly Fellow (polite form)
- Steady Level Unaccelerated Flight
- Sustainable Land Use Forum (est. 1995; Ethiopia)
- Surface-Launched Unit, Fuel-Air Explosive (also seen as SLU-FAE)
- South Lake Union Friends and Neighbors (Seattle, WA)
- Short Little Ugly Fat Fellow (polite form; reference to the A-7 Corsair)
- Slow Ugly Flying Fellow (USAF A-10 Thunderbolt II, polite form :-)
- Salt Lake Under Ground (magazine)
- Schools Linux User Group (South Africa)
- Selectee Learning Under Guidance
- Single Lock-Up Garage (real estate)
- Society of Linguistics Undergraduates
- Sorry Loser Under Ground (from Mary Amato book The Word Eater)
- Stavanger Linux User Group
- Stratford Linux Users Group (Canada)
- Students Learning Under Guidance
- Superconducting Low-inductance Undulatory Galvanometer
- Sydney Linux Users Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
The community has the highest percentage of home ownership in San Francisco, according to Cory Calandra, executive director of the Bayview-based San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners.
Douglas Wildman, director of design and construction for the San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners, notes that Bradford pears provide a vertical profile that allows light to reach the ground.