DN: Digha Nikaya It: Itivuttaka It-a: Itivuttaka Commentary MN: Majjhima Nikaya Pv-a: Pettavatthu Commentary Sn: Sutta Nipata S: Samyutta Nikaya Vism: Visuddhimagga PED: The Pali Text Society's Pali-English Dictionary References Adam, Martin.
What does SN stand for?
SN stands for Samyutta Nikaya (Buddhist texts)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SN
We have 42 other meanings of SN in our Acronym Attic
- Samenwerkingsverband Mensen Zonder Betaald Werk (Dutch: Group of People Without Work; Netherlands)
- Sonoma Mountain Zen Center (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Stichting Molens Zuid Kennemerland (Dutch: Mills Foundation South Kennemerland; Netherlands)
- Splenic Marginal Zone Cell Lymphoma
- Sint Maartens Zeevaarders Syndicaat (Dutch gaming group)
- Portable Surface Search Radar (US Navy)
- Sabena (Belgian World Airlines)
- Sacramento Northern (railroad)
- Safety Notice (various companies)
- Salutami 'Ntonio (Frisbee Ultimate Club di Milano)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bhikkhu Bodhi compares the discussion about the arahant who is "liberated by wisdom" (pannavimutta) in the Susima Sutta of the Samyutta Nikaya with its parallels in the (Chinese) Mahasanghika Vinaya, in the Samyuktagama of the (Mula-)Sarvastivadins, and in the Abhidharmavibhasa Sastra.
The first sermon of the Buddha, called "The Revolution of the Wheel of Experience," appears in the Samyutta Nikaya.
As a verse in the Samyutta Nikaya puts it: 'Any suffering one witnesses in another being has been undergone by oneself at some time'.
1-10) in the Samyutta Nikaya describe ten episodes in which Mara (the Tempter/Devil) attempts to lure a nun into losing concentration as she meditates by appealing to desires or weaknesses that, according to other early canonical accounts, the Buddha pronounced to be among women's shortcomings.
118) Abbreviations AN Anguttara Nikaya Cv Cullavagga Dhp Dhammapada DN DTgha Nikaya Khp Khuddakapatha MN Majjhima Nikaya SN Samyutta Nikaya Snp Sutta Nipata Theri Therigatha Ud Udana Vin Vinaya zzz
The Connected Discourses of the Buddha: A Translation of the Samyutta Nikaya.
1-159) and the Nidana Samyutta in the Nidana Vagga of the Samyutta Nikaya (SN 12.