The researchers inoculated pecans with a cocktail of Escherichia coli: BAA-1427, BAA-1428, and BAA-1430; and with Salmonella Typhimurium LT2.
What does Sty stand for?
Sty stands for Salmonella Typhimurium
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Sty
We have 1 other meaning of Sty in our Acronym Attic
- Staff Training Exercise
- Star Trek: X (Nemesis)
- Start of Text
- Store X (6502 processor instruction)
- Street Touring X (amateur racing)
- Structured Text
- Studentereksamen (Danish high-school certificate)
- Syntaxin (cell membrane protein)
- System Technology Excellency (South Korea)
- Scanning Transmission X-Ray Microscope
- Same to You
- Store Y (6502 processor instruction)
- Style (File Name Extension)
- Styrian Airways, Austria (ICAO code)
- Student & Youth Travel Association
- Sloop Tavern Yacht Club (Seattle, WA)
- St. Thomas Yacht Club (St. Thomas, United States Virgin Islands)
- Short Term Youth Exchange (Australia)
- Same to You, Loser
- Speak to You Later
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is collaborating with state public health officials to investigate a multistate outbreak of Salmonella typhimurium infections associated with exposure to clinical and teaching microbiology laboratories.
However, a high enough dosage of Salmonella typhimurium always will cause disease, even in healthy individuals.
Molecular characterization of an antibiotic resistance gene cluster of Salmonella typhimurium DT104.
According to the Food and Drug Administration, 486 people in 43 states have been infected by the salmonella typhimurium strain of bacteria in the outbreak that began in mid-September.
Mutants of Salmonella typhimurium that cannot survive within the macrophage are avirulent.
coli, Salmonella Typhimurium, Listeria monocytogenes and H.
After days of uncertainty and in the midst of a court battle, the Bahamian-registered vessel Myra, which had been moored mid-stream in Guyana since March 10, set sail for France carrying onboard some 900 tons of soybean believed to be contaminated with salmonella typhimurium, reports Caribbean Net News (March 31, 2007).