TUNIS (TAP) - The Sahara and Sahel Observatory (SSO), chaired by Tunisia for eight years now, has been awarded the King Hassan II Great World Water Prize, the Ministry of Environment announced in a press release.
What does SSO stand for?
SSO stands for Sahara and Sahel Observatory
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSO
We have 250 other meanings of SSO in our Acronym Attic
- Solidarity, Sustainability, and Non-Violence (online research journal)
- Suspect Signs Not Valued (cancer)
- Social Security Number Verification Service (US)
- Social Services North West (UK)
- Secretary of State of New York
- Settlement Support New Zealand (Immigration New Zealand)
- Sport Science New Zealand (exercise science)
- Safety Services Officer
- Safety/Security Officer
- Saginaw Symphony Orchestra (Saginaw, Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: Rabat - Morocco is among the few African countries to have integrated an environmental policy in sustainable development, said executive secretary of the Tunis-based Sahara and Sahel Observatory (OSS),Chadli Fezzani, on Monday.
The team decided to hold a scientific conference, in 2011, on techniques and mechanisms of irrigated water saving in co-operation with technical partners and backers, such as the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), the Sahara and Sahel Observatory (SSO) and specialised European institutes.