Talking to this news agency, a CDA spokesman said that a proposal was being considered to construct a six-feet high safety wall along the Islamabad Expressway to discourage the pedestrians from crossing the road other than designated places but due to financial crunch the plan had been dropped.
What does SW stand for?
SW stands for Safety Wall (gaming, Ragnarok)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SW
We have 74 other meanings of SW in our Acronym Attic
- Slovenska Veterinarska Zveza (Slovenian: Slovenian Veterinary Association)
- Stichting Volkshuisvesting Zevenaar (Dutch: Foundation Housing Zevenaar; Zevenaar, Netherlands)
- Subventricular Zone (region of the brain)
- Stichting Verenigde Zorgcentra Schijndel (Dutch: Schijndel United Healthcare Foundation)
- Steungroep Vrouwen Zonder Verblijfsvergunning (Dutch: Support Group for Women Without Residency; The Netherlands)
- Sportvereniging Zulte Waregem (Belgian sports club)
- Wierden Swallows Sports Association
- (USN Rating) Steelworker
- Air Namibia (IATA airline code)
- London Southwest (postcode, United Kingdom)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ambassador was informed that as many as 38 water reservoir were setup on rivers and four safety walls were setup in Union council Danna while 190 Kanals of land were allocated to around 190 peasants in Union Council Kariata with the finical assistance of the USAID.
On disembarking they were made to take their place behind a giant steel safety wall HAPPY DAYS: Fans enjoy the matchday atmosphere at the Stadium of Light.
5 8 T Glock Ger 13 9 F Alonso Renault 13 10 K Raikkonen Ferrari 10 11 L Hamilton McLaren 9 12 N Heidfeld BMW 6 13 H Kovalainen McLaren 5 14 S Buemi Toro Rosso 3 15 R Kubica BMW Sauber 2 16 S Bourdais Toro Rosso 2 CAPTION(S): FLYING METAL Suspension spring bounces up at Massa NO ESCAPE The metal part flies towards driver's face 200mph IMPACT KO'd Massa's car ploughs into safety wall STRICKEN STAR Massa is carried to safety with his eye and helmet smashed
Residents and municipality officer said that a safety wall on the hills should be made to avoid any untoward incident but so far nothing has been done yet.
The woman - named only as Mandy K - was mauled by the polar bears after climbing over safety walls and swimming out to them at feeding time.
Evie fell head-first through the gap between the top end of an escalator handrail and a reinforced glass safety wall on the second floor.