Rochester's Factory Authorized Safety Stock is a tremendous resource to keep production lines running without interruption.
What does SS stand for?
SS stands for Safety Stock (inventory control system)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SS
We have 293 other meanings of SS in our Acronym Attic
- Special Rules Zone (aviation; various nations)
- Sprach Reise Zentral (German: Voice Travel Central; Switzerland)
- Sulfate Reduction Zone (geology)
- Stichting Recreatief Zaalvoetbal Almere (Dutch: Almere Recreational Soccer Foundation)
- Shipment Report of Level Zero Data
- Stowarzyszenia Rozwoju Ziemi Lubaczowskiej (Polish: Lubaczow Land Development Association)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (book by J. K. Rowling)
- Sa Sainteté (French: His/Her Holiness)
- Safe and Secure
- Safe Sex
Samples in periodicals archive:
Engine Safety Stock: An Opportunity to Avoid Over-Sparing Engines Safety stock is a term used by inventory specialists to describe a level of extra stock that is maintained below the cycle stock to buffer against stock outs.
The final initiative completed for both projects was new safety stock calculations for the different stockrooms supporting the IPMD and MWOs.
Commonly used statistical forecasting tools offer "best fit" algorithms and accuracy measures, as well as deviation statistics used in establishing safety stock levels (covered later in this article).
But for the critical supply chains, there's a certain amount of "biting the bullet," claims Stephens: It's more cost-effective to ensure high-performance levels if that means higher amounts of safety stock.
Accordingly, production planning required costly inventory safety stocks and backup teams of people to maintain quality control and to respond to the unanticipated and the misjudged.