Completely closing off the affected lane at some distance back from the incident will also help as the dangers to emergency response personnel working on a highway cannot be over-exaggerated and they need to develop and implement safe systems of work for the benefit of all concerned.
What does SSOW stand for?
SSOW stands for Safe Systems of Work
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSOW
We have 3 other meanings of SSOW in our Acronym Attic
- Siren Song of the Counter Culture (Rise Against album)
- Shamrocks Sites of the Day
- Short Story of the Day
- Saddle Sore of the Month (bicycling)
- Safety Shut-Off Valve
- Secret Society of Vegans (UK)
- Seven Soldiers of Victory (comic book characters)
- Seville Statement on Violence (UN)
- Social Share of Voice
- Solid-State Over Voltage Protector
- Source Separated Organic Waste
- Summary Statement of Work (Texas)
- Supplier Statement of Work
- Senior Sailor of the Year (US Navy)
- Short Sword of the Ykesha (Everquest)
- So Sweet of You
- Site-Site Ornstein Zernike (chemistry equation)
- SACEUR Scheduled Program
- Sacrospinous (ligaments)
- Safer Southwark Partnership (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Warwickshire Golf & Country Club clearly failed to maintain safe systems of work and this resulted in an accident which has left an employee with a permanent disability.
The NFU is determined to provide leadership by recognising its responsibilities to promote safe systems of work within all sectors of the industry.
All of us involved in racing have not just a moral responsibility to provide safe systems of work - of which body protectors are just one aspect-we also have a legal responsibility under European health and safety regulations.
If the companies had safe systems of work, this fire would not have started and if there had been an effective rescue system he would not have lost his life.
Mr Galligan said: "The objective is to provide cover and still have safe systems of work.
Chief fire officer Steve McGuirk said: ' Overprovision in the Port is impairing our ability to maintain safe systems of work for firefighters and keep engines on the run in other areas of Cheshire.
The incident could have easily been prevented if the company had implemented safe systems of work for fault finding and ensured that guards were in place to prevent access to dangerous moving parts of the machine.