The Safe Drinking Water Act of 1974 ensures that most Americans are provided access to water that meets specific public health standards.
What does SDWA stand for?
SDWA stands for Safe Drinking Water Act of 1974
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SDWA
We have 6 other meanings of SDWA in our Acronym Attic
- Special Disability Workload (US SSA)
- Spin-Density Wave
- Standard Data Warehouse
- Stealth Designers Workbench
- Sterile Distilled Water
- Stored Data Warehouse
- Strategic Data Warehouse
- Super Dirt Week (racing)
- Swedich Drunken Wikings (gaming)
- System Development Workbench (software; Gap Gemini)
- San Diego Windsurfing Association (San Diego,CA)
- San Diego Wrestling Association (San Diego, CA)
- Singapore-Delft Water Alliance (research project)
- South Delta Water Agency (California)
- System Diagnostic Work Area (IBM)
- Safe Drinking Water Act Amendments of 1996 (US EPA)
- San Diego Wild Animal Park (California)
- Sega Dreamcast Web Browser
- Safe Drinking Water Commission (Missouri)
- San Diego Wine Company (San Diego, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the wake of such reports, government regulation of municipal water supplies became more stringent, with Congressional passage of the Safe Drinking Water Act of 1974.