The new sign was unveiled by Saddleworth White Rose Society, which aims to promote the area's Yorkshire heritage.
What does SWRS stand for?
SWRS stands for Saddleworth White Rose Society (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SWRS
We have 8 other meanings of SWRS in our Acronym Attic
- Southwestern Railroad
- Star Wars Racers Revenge (video game)
- Steeles-West River Ranch (Pueblo, CO)
- Steering Wheel Reversal Rate
- Storm Water Rules and Regulations
- Sustainable Water Resources Roundtable
- Simulator for Water Resources in Rural Basins
- Simulator for Water Resources in Rural Basins - Water Quality
- Solid Waste Resource Renewal Group (New Jersey)
- State Water Resources Research Institute Program (South Dakota)
- Slough and Windsor Railway Society (UK)
- Slow-Walker Reconnaissance System
- Smurfit-Stone Waste Reduction Services (St. Louis, MO)
- Software Requirements Specification
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (movie)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (Star Wars game)
- Subregional Water Reuse System (California)
- Solid Waste Recycling Tax
- State Wide Reading Team (education)
- Subaru World Rally Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
Saddleworth White Rose Society, ably assisted by the Yorkshire Ridings Society and the Friends of Real Lancashire, drove forward a plan to spectacularly mark its boundaries with red and white roses so that everybody who passes Uppermill, Greenfield, Dobcross, Delph, Diggle way knows exactly where - and what - they are.
The Saddleworth White Rose Society is lobbying to have the area - which is now in the Oldham Borough Council area - designated as part of Yorkshire.