2) In 1977, as part of the research on which I based my PhD thesis, I purified S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase to homogeneity, and in the years that followed, my colleagues and I studied its role in the metabolism of S-adenosylhomocysteine in cells and animals treated with adenosine analogs.
What does AHCY stand for?
AHCY stands for S-Adenosylhomocysteine Hydrolase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Advanced High-Speed CMOS with TTL Output (integrated circuits)
- Andreas Hemmerling Computer Technik
- Association for Hispanic Classical Theater, Inc. (est. 1984)
- Autologous Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
- AT-Hook Containing Transcription Factor 1 (antibody)
- Auckland Hotel and Chefs Training School (New Zealand)
- Anoka Hennepin Credit Union (Coon Rapids, MN)
- Association of Healthcare Credit Unions (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Acute Hemorrhagic Conjunctivitis
- Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia
- Academic Half-Day (education)
- Academic Honors Diploma
- Acieries Hachette & Driout (French steel foundry)
- Advanced Healthcare Directive (legal document)
- Advanced Help Desk
- Affordable Housing Directory (New York)
- After Hours Depository
- AIDS and Human Development (United Nations Development Programme)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, another class of antiviral drugs, the S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase inhibitors, showed considerable variation in the 50% inhibitory dose between variola isolates; this effect should be investigated further.
S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase deficiency in a human: a genetic disorder of methionine metabolism.
The human genes for S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase and adenosine deaminase are syntenic on chromosome 20.