Department of Energy's (DOE) SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory have transformed the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) into an even more precise tool for exploring the nanoworld.
What does SLD stand for?
SLD stands for SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center) Large Detector (experimental particle physics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SLD
We have 164 other meanings of SLD in our Acronym Attic
- Service Life Design
- Severe Laziness Disease
- Severe Learning Disability
- Sherman L Dantzler (Grand Blanc, MI business consulting)
- Side Loading Door
- Sierra Legal Defense
- Simulated Launch Demonstration
- Single Lens Digital (cameras)
- Single Line Diagram (power system schematic)
- Single Line Drawing
- Slavic Language Division (ATA)
- Sliding Door
- Slow Learning Disability
- Slow Long Distance (training method)
- Social and Liberal Democrats (UK political party)
- Sojusz Lewicy Demokratycznej (Democratic Left Alliance, Poland)
- Sonic Layer Depth
- Source-Level Debugger
- Special Learning Disability
- Special Low Dispersion (glass)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of Energy's (DOE) SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory were carried out at SLAC's Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS), whose rapid-fire laser pulses are a billion times brighter than those of any X-ray source before it.
Over the succeeding 24 years, the SLAC Summer Science Program has been re-evaluated, modified and updated in many ways.