He was seen as a close ally of Russian mafia kingpin Vyacheslav "Yaponchik" Ivankov who died of wounds from an assassination attempt in 2009.
What does RM stand for?
RM stands for Russian Mafia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of RM
We have 96 other meanings of RM in our Acronym Attic
- Route Master (type of UK bus)
- Roxy Music (band)
- Roy Mustang (military general in Fullmetal alchemist)
- Royal Mail
- Royal Marines (British)
- Rozen Maiden (anime)
- RPG Maker (utility program)
- Rule Making
- Rupiz Media (marketing solution provider)
- Rural Municipality
- US Embossed Revenue Stamped Paper (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Royal Marine Armored Support Group (US Navy)
- Reliability, Maintainability, & Availability
- Reactor Monitoring And Control
- Reliability, Maintainability and Dependability
- Remote Monitoring & Diagnosis
- Richardson, Myers, & Donofrio (Marketing Agency)
- Reliability, Maintainability & Operational Availability
- Requirements Management & Project Planning and Tracking (Sprint)
- Reliability Maintainability & Quality
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was also working with Spain to investigate the Russian mafia shortly before his death.
The former KGB spy was acting as a 'triple agent', working with both British and Spanish secret services to investigate the Russian mafia in the days before his death, a pre-inquest hearing heard.
They suspect the murder was a Russian mafia hit even though the way in which Kirilov was killed was not the usual modus operandi of mafia-style assassinations, as there was evidence that a struggle preceded the 61-year-old's death.
The alleged plot was revealed at Winchester Crown Court as part of a wider scam believed to have been masterminded by the Russian mafia and other eastern European organised crime gangs.