In order to protect these small, financially vulnerable rural hospitals, the Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (Flex Program) of 1997 allowed some small hospitals to convert to critical access hospitals (CAH) and changed their Medicare reimbursement mechanism from prospective to cost based (Cameron, Zelman, and Stewart 2001).
What does RHFP stand for?
RHFP stands for Rural Hospital Flexibility Program
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RHFP
- Rose Hill Friends Church (Rose Hill, KS)
- Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada (reserve infantry; Canadian forces)
- Revue d'Histoire des Facultés de Droit et de la Culture Juridique (French: History Review of Law Faculties and Legal Culture)
- Rochester/High Falls International Film Festival
- Recombinant Human FLT3 (FMS-Like Tyrosine Kinase 3) Ligand
- Ralf Henning Finanz Management (German: Ralf Henning Financial Management)
- Research in Healthcare Financial Management (publication of ISRHFM)
- Relativistic Hartree-Fock One-Channel
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Right Heart Filling Pressure
- Rec.Humor.Funny.Reruns (newsgroup)
- Restricted Hartree-Fock-Roothaan
- Risa Hacia fuera Ruidosamente (Spanish: Laughing out Loud)
- Régiment d'Hélicoptères des Forces Spéciales (French: Helicopter Regiment Special Forces)
- Restricted Hartree-Fock-Slater
- Ryan Herco Flow Solutions (Burbank, CA)
- Restoring Hope Foundation of Southern California (aid for improverished children)
- Recombinant Human Follicle-Stimulating Hormone
- Restricted Hartree-Fock Spin Polarization
- Relativistic Hartree-Fock Two-Channel
Samples in periodicals archive:
INTRODUCTION CAHs are a new class of Medicare providers, introduced through the Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (Flex Program) as part of the Balanced Budget Act (BBA) of 1997.
After 1997 federal Critical Access Hospital (CAH) legislation contained in the Balanced Budget Act of 199 7 (PL 105-33) the Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program replaced this program and broadened support for the development of rural health networks with formal agreements for patient referral and transfer.