Fortunately, the farmers were able to tap other sources of financing, including USDA Rural Development (through its Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant program), the Farm Credit System (itself a producer-owned cooperative) and some other funding sources.
What does REDL stand for?
REDL stands for Rural Economic Development Loan (United States Department of Agriculture)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of REDL
- Readiness Improvement Through Correspondence Training
- Revista Electronica de Investigacion Educative (Spanish)
- Red por los Derechos de la Infancia en México (Spanish: Network for Children's Rights in Mexico; Mexico)
- Runway Exit Design Interactive Model
- Recherche et Développement en Ingénierie Pédagogique (French: Research and Development in Teaching Engineering)
- Regional Educational Development and Improvement Project (Office of Development Assistance from Japan to Indonesia)
- Regional Emergency Department Information System (Canada)
- Resource and Environmental Data Interpretation System (New Zealand)
- Rat Extensor Digitorum Longus (anatomy)
- Rede Latino-Americana de Computadores (Portuguese: Latin American Network of Computers; Brazil)
- Red Latinoamericana Y del Caribe de Personas Trans (Spanish: Latin American and Caribbean Network of Trans People)
- Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant (US Department of Agriculture)
- Real Estate Design Memorandum (USACE)
- Reflectorless Electronic Distance Measurement (surveying)
- Real Estate Development Marketing Act (2005; British Columbia, Canada)
- Readiness Management Center
- Radford Environmental Development and Management Program (Virginia)
- Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (cards)
- Research Education in Disaster Mental Health
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also, in 2009, the CTC board of directors approved a zero-interest USDA Rural Economic Development Loan to the Brainerd Lakes Health System in the amount of $740,000.
Fees on these latter guarantees are to be used for funding rural economic development loans and grants.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE -RURAL DEVELOPMENT Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant (REDLG) Program Zero-interest loans to local utilities which they, in turn, pass through to local businesses for projects that will create and retain employment in rural areas; grant funds to local utility organizations, which use the funding to establish revolving loan funds for projects that will create or retain rural jobs.
The remaining $1 million came from two, zero-percent interest government loans: $400,000 from the Iowa Department of Transportation, and $600,000 through a USDA Rural Development Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant (REDLG).
Grundy Electric Co-op worked with North Central Missouri College to obtain a $740,000, interest-free loan under USDA Rural Development's Rural Economic Development Loans and Grants (REDLG) program.
USDA--through programs that include the Intermediary Relending Program, Rural Business Enterprise Grants, and Rural Economic Development Loans and Grants--promotes collaboration and capital formation that encourages job creation through economic opportunity.