A lack of money for food is not the only problem, as chronic under-funding, mass displacement of people and a prioritisation of urban over rural delivery of health services have left the most vulnerable people in remote regions without access to lifesaving care.
What does RD stand for?
RD stands for Rural Delivery
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RD
We have 96 other meanings of RD in our Acronym Attic
- Rough Draft (writers software)
- Route Départementale
- Route Descriptor
- Route Distinguisher (MPLS-VPN)
- Routing Domain
- Royal Direct (RBC Royal Bank's online and telephone banking service)
- Royal Dutch
- Rubber Duck
- Rural Dean
- Rural Development (USDA)
- US Revenue Stock Transfer (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Radar Operator (US Navy)
- Remote Desktop Virtual Private Network
- Research, Development & Acquisition
- Realistic Dungeons & Dragons
- Research, Design, and Development
- Research, Development and Demonstration
- Research, Development and Deployment
- Research, Development and Dissemination
Samples in periodicals archive:
Irene worked several years at American Optical and was a Southbridge News rural delivery person until her retirement in 2004.
Thomas, is the handling of patient records so that the provider and rural delivery sites have up-to-date and accurate information while at the same time maintaining patient confidentiality.
The new Rural Delivery Programme for England (RDPE) adds a new mechanism to tackle rural economic and social issues.
It comes as part of the final phase of the Modernising Rural Delivery scheme, which starts in January.
They must also rationalise the plethora of funding streams available in rural areas if any tangible benefits are to emerge from the rural delivery review.
The review forms part of the Government's response to Lord Haskins's recommendations on modernising rural delivery.