While today's rural high school students still face some degree of culture shock when they arrive at city universities, things have changed since the Rural Alaska Honors Institute was created in the early 1980s at the request of the Alaska Federation of Natives, said RAHI program director Denise Wartes.
What does RAHI stand for?
RAHI stands for Rural Alaska Honors Institute (est. 1983; Fairbanks, AK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RAHI
We have 1 other meaning of RAHI in our Acronym Attic
- Rural Appalachian Housing Development (Ohio)
- Remote Afterloading High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy
- Rappahannock Area Health Education Center (Montross, VA)
- Research Animal Holding Facility
- Rapid Access Heart Failure Clinic
- Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (Rockford, IL)
- Rochester Area Habitat for Humanity (Rochester, MN)
- Recovering and Healing from Incest (New Delhi, India)
- Responsive, Accurate, Helpful, & Informative (service standard term)
- Riv Acquisition Holdings, Inc.
- Raleigh Adult Hockey League (North Carolina)
- Regional Animal Health Laboratory (US and Ethiopia)
- Riverside Area Home Learners (Riverside, CA)
- Risk Adjustment and Hierarchical Modeling (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; US HHS)
- Rome Area History Museum (Georgia)
- Racial Attacks and Harassment Monitoring Association (Wales, UK)
- Racial Holy War (hate group slang)
- Regional Affordable Housing Program (various organizations)
- Rensselaer Apartment Housing Project (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; Troy, NY)
- Restless Architect of Human Possibilities (medical care; Italy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Every summer, dozens of rural and Alaska Native students attend the Rural Alaska Honors Institute, which was created at the request of the Alaska Federation of Natives in 1983.