Mr Fraser-Bennison said that to test the premise the CAA has conducted detailed studies of lights at several airports and, armed with the information, is looking at the possibility of introducing instrument runway visual range (IRVR) 'credits' to airports that can demonstrate high levels of serviceability by regularly testing lighting performance with photometric equipment He said the authority felt that airports that had invested in the most accurate form of testing "should get some safety and operational benefits in return.
What does RVR stand for?
RVR stands for Runway Visual Range
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RVR
We have 58 other meanings of RVR in our Acronym Attic
- Resistance to Venous Return
- Résistance Vasculaire Rénale (French: Renal Vascular Resistance)
- Richmond, VA Staples Mill Road (Amtrak Station Code)
- Risk vs. Reward (gaming)
- Roamer Verification and Reinstatement
- Robotic Vehicle Range
- Rother Valley Railway (UK)
- Round Valley Reservoir (New Jersey)
- Royal Victorian Regiment (Victoria, Australian Rifle Regiment)
- Ruimtelijk Veiligheidsrapport (Dutch: Spatial Safety Report)
- Recursive Variance Reduction Series-Parallel Method
- Residual Volume to Regional Total Lung Capacity Ratio
- Recreation Vehicle Rental Association (Fairfax, VA)
- Renal Vein Renin Activity (aka Renal Venous Renin Activity)
- Retirement Village Residents Association (Australia)
- Roanoke Valley Resource Authority (Roanoke, VA)
- Runway Visual Range Ten Minute Average
- Runway Visual Range Ten Minute Average Not Available
- Relative Value Resource Based System (payment system; Medicare)
- Regional Veterinary Referral Center (Springfield, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7m order from Vaisala for its AviMet PC-Based Runway Visual Range (RVR) system.
The 24 December 2009 approval, the first of its kind for the airline industry, permits FedEx to begin performing instrument landing system (ILS) approaches with ground visibility as low as 305m (1,000ft), significantly less than the usual 732m (2,400ft) runway visual range (RVR) needed to start a category 1 ILS, a horizontal and vertically guided approach for which the pilots must see the runway environment at 61m (200ft) in order to continue in for landing.
when the general visibility was zero and the Runway visual range (RVR) was 100 metres.
Due to current restrictions at Abu Dhabi airport, operation levels are between125 to 150 metres, depending on the type of aircraft, for the runway visual range (RVR).
The ILS in place is currently a category II system, which has a decision height of between 30-60m and a runway visual range of more than 370m.
Transmission relays will be installed along the runway to determine the runway visual range.
Runway Visual Range (RVR) Data -- Users can determine, in real time, the visibility conditions at any airport runway where the FAA reports real- time RVR, enabling the user to better anticipate airport arrival or departure delays.