The fog is so dense that the runway visibility dropped to below 50 metres on both the runways at the IGI.
What does RV stand for?
RV stands for Runway Visibility
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RV
We have 36 other meanings of RV in our Acronym Attic
- Ring Voice
- River Valley (Singapore)
- Rød Valgallianse
- Ross Volunteers (Texas A&M University Corps of Cadets)
- Rotavirus Vaccine
- Routine Verification
- Royal Vegas
- Ruins Vacation
- RuneVillage (RuneScape gaming discussion forum)
- Runtime Verification
- Ryom Verzeichnis (Works of Vivaldi list by Peter Ryom)
- US Revenue Motor Vehicle Use (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Recovery Vehicle 1990
- Recovery Velocity after Cold Exposure
- Right Ventricle and Pulmonary Artery
- Right Ventricle to Right Atrial
- Right Ventricle to Right Atrium
- Right Ventricle to Superior Vena Cava (cardiology)
- Right Ventricular to Body Weight
- Right Ventricle to the Ending Body Weight (ratio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fog started descending at the airport around 10 pm on Monday, but the runway visibility was fine and flight operations were not affected then.
Runway visibility dropped suddenly from 700m to less than 50m on all three runways.
After talking to Bahrain Approach, we learned a commercial jet just had landed and reported he broke out at around 200 feet with roughly 600 meters of runway visibility.
The Press Trust of India reported that general visibility at the airport had fallen below 100 metres and the runway visibility range was recorded at less than 50 metres, which is below the required minimum of 100 metres for flight operations.
The new system operates with only 600 feet of runway visibility and 50 feet of ceiling.
When an aircraft lands in less-than-ideal weather conditions, one of the most important factors will be runway visibility.
Also, the crew said the runway came "in sight" at around 700 feet (212 meters) above touchdown, while the airline manual stipulates the minimum runway visibility for an approach as 550 meters.