In order to really address the problem of runway incursion risk, airports must decide how much they can invest in these preventative measures.
What does RI stand for?
RI stands for Runway Incursion
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RI
We have 47 other meanings of RI in our Acronym Attic
- Roosevelt Island (New York, NY)
- Rosenbluth International
- Roslin Institute (UK)
- Rotary International
- Rotate In (Hyper Logo Turtle graphics command)
- Routes International
- Routing Identifier
- Routing Indicator (US DoD)
- Royal Infirmary (UK)
- Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours (UK)
- Rutherford Institute
- US Revenue Potato Tax (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Rostral Interstitial Nuclei of the Medial Longitudinal Fasciculus (neurology)
- Risico-Inventarisatie en -Evaluatie (Dutch: Risk Assessment and Evaluation)
- Resistive Index in the Anterior Cerebral Artery
- Raypath-Interleave Approximate Prediction (radio wave propagation model)
- Receiver Initiated Busy Tone Multiple Access
- Recessive Intermediate A Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Reconfigurable Integrated Dispersive Delay Line (electrical engineering)
- Rockwell International - Energy Systems Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
The A-SMGCS fuses multiple surveillance technologies for a comprehensive view of Ben Gurion's runways and taxiways and provides proactive safety alerts to the controllers for runway incursion prevention at Israel's capital airport.
The US FAA plans to introduce a traffic light system at 20 busy US airports in an effort to help reduce runway incursions.
Buckingham Palace has said, despite the runway incursion incident, the Queen's visit will go ahead.