The NAFTA provides for the entry of goods duty-free into each of the countries provided that the goods meet the strict rules of origin in the agreement.
What does ROO stand for?
ROO stands for Rules of Origin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ROO
We have 20 other meanings of ROO in our Acronym Attic
- Renewables Obligation Order (UK)
- Research Opportunities Office (various schools)
- Reserve Officer Orientation
- Return on Objective
- Return On Opportunity
- Richland Operations Office
- Right of Occupancy (legal right; various locations)
- Royal Oak Offshore (watch)
- Rub One Out
- Rules Of Order
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (UK)
- Return on Operating Assets
- Rigorous Object-Oriented Analysis
- Return on Operating Capital
- Reaching Our Outdoor Friends (homeless youth service; Ontario, Canada)
- Relief Organization of Fazugli
- Rental Opportunity for Ontario Families (Canada)
- Retro-Orbicularis Oculi Fat
- Rochester Organization of Families (Rochester, WA)
- Russian Orphan Opportunity Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
| CAIRO, April 8 (KUNA) -- The 21st meeting for the Arab special technical committee for Arab commercial products' rules of origin began here Sunday at the Arab League under Saudi chairmanship.
Rules of origin ensure that a third party is unable to unduly benefit from the preferential treatment members of an agreement grant to one another.
According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Textile Industry on Saturday, Bangladesh has not given this facility to Pakistani fabric but with the change of rules of origin (RoO) in January 2010 which favour single stage transformation to their garments manufacturer and will allow Pakistan fabric this facility.
Aiming to boost intra-continental trade, three of Africa's leading regional trade blocs - the East African Community (EAC), the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) - have simplified the rules of origin to be applied by member states.