Byline: By Denise Robertson For the first time in 250 years women golfers are to have the run of the Royal and Ancient at St Andrews, the most famous clubhouse in the world.
What does R&A stand for?
R&A stands for Royal and Ancient (Golf Club of St Andrews)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of R&A
- Royal Regiment of Canada
- Real (Brazilian currency)
- Recognition & Award
- Registration and Accreditation
- Reliability & Availability
- Repair & Alteration
- Reporting & Analytics (Microsoft)
- Research and Analysis
- Review & Analysis
- Rolands & Associates Corporation (Monterey, California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Salvator's Church or on the Martyrs Monument overlooking the Royal and Ancient (R&A) Golf Club.